Dr. Rogers
Judge Rogers Left with wife Dr. Rogers Right

A Murfreesboro Substation has been named after Dr. Rogers

On Friday, June 27, 2014, the Board of Murfreesboro Electric Department honored Dr. Jean Anne Rogers, Power Board Chair, by naming the new Southeast Murfreesboro Substation the Dr. Jean Anne Rogers Substation.

The board chose to name this facility after Dr. Rogers because of her vision and leadership during the past 14 years. Dr. Rogers was appointed to the Power Board on February 23, 2000. She was the first woman to serve on the Power
Board. She was elected vice chair in 2004 and board chair in 2009. During that time Murfreesboro Electric has seen steady growth. The customer base has grown from 33,354 in 2000 to over 54,000 today.

She has led the board in approving the purchase of the utility’s new iVue software. This software provides MED a way to integrate accounting, operations, billing and customer service, as well as, offering the customer new options for monitoring their electric usage.

Dr. Rogers has been a practicing optometrist in Murfreesboro for 35 years. She is active in the community, her profession and her church. That involvement includes Chamber of Commerce, United Way, League of Women Voters, AAUW, and Rutherford CABLE. She has volunteered with Read to Succeed and coached youth basketball from church league to Jr. Pro City League and served as Siegel High School’s first PTA president. She was appointed by Governor Bredesen in 2005 to the State Board of Education for a 9 year term. She is a trustee for Motlow State Community College. Dr. Rogers holds membership in the Tennessee Academy of Optometry and served as the 6th Congressional Liaison for the American Optometric Association from 2005-2011. She has served in several roles at her church, First United Methodist, and is currently a substitute Sunday School teacher and on the Staff Parish committee. She and her husband, Judge Mark Rogers, have three daughters, Jan Margaret, Anne Katherine, and Addison.

Source Information:

Murfreesboro Electric Department provides low cost reliable power to the City of Murfreesboro's residences, businesses and industries. Organized in 1939, MED is a municipal utility that is owned by its ratepayers. It is one of the 155 distributors of Tennessee Valley Authority power. For more information, call 615-893-5514 or visit www.murfreesboroelectric.com

Read more from: News

    
  • Rutherford County News Since 1947
  • eNews and Updates
  • Advertisement


Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software