There was an attempted robbery at Cato’s clothing store next to K-Mart on Wednesday. One of the employees of the store told police that a white male between 50 and 60-years old entered the establishment and told the clerk that he was armed with a gun. The man asked the worker to empty the cash register. The store employee told the culprit that she could not open the register without ringing up a sale. The man then told the clerk that she was lucky that he did not shoot her. The man fled the scene empty handed and the employee quickly called the police. Officers were unable to locate the subject when they arrived. No arrest could be made.
NewsRadio WGNS has continuing coverage of the situation surrounding embattled Rutherford County Sheriff Robert Arnold.
- Arnold in KY Jail; Considering Resigning
- Sheriff Jailed
- Who's In Charge Now?
- Pettus Read "Embarrassed"
- Arnold: "A lot going on."
- TBI Investigates Domestic Complaint
- Arnold Traveling Despite Indictment
- Feds Line Up Witnesses in JailCigs Case
- Commissioners Call for Resignation
- Indicted: Sheriff Facing 95-Years in Prison
- County Mayor "Concerned Uncertainty"
- Gammon Sues After Firing