Fire in Murfreesboro, Fire Crews Respond to Duplex

Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue Department's Districts 2 and 1 and Rescue 9 responded to a duplex fire at 200 Caroline Drive just before 3:00 Sunday afternoon.

According to Shift Commander Daryl Alexander, a neighbor heard the smoke alarm in the unit, went around back, and spotted fire in the kitchen.

When crews arrived on the scene, heavy smoke was showing. District 2 entered the structure and quickly extinguished the fire. The fire was contained to the affected unit, with heavy damage to the kitchen and living room areas.

“Crews did an excellent job putting the fire out quickly and keeping damage to a minimum,” said Alexander.

The Fire Marshal’s office was called to investigate. At this time, the fire appears to be the result of unattended cooking.

It is unclear how many occupants live in the unit, but they were displaced. American Red Cross was called for assistance. No injuries were associated with this incident .

Source

Ashley McDonald, Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue

Read more from: News

    
Powered by Bondware
Newspaper Software | Website Builder