The January 30th tornado outbreak here in Middle Tennessee continues to shatter records. Not only is it the largest January outbreak on record, it's one of the largest ever. Twenty-one tornadoes, including one here in Rutherford County, shattered the previous January record of 12. The outbreak is now the second biggest outbreak for any month in Middle Tennessee history. The largest tornado outbreak on record occurred April 3rd, 1974, when 24 tornadoes hit the mid-state. The twister reported here in Rutherford County January 30th was rated an E-F-1, and left behind a path of destruction of 4-point-5 miles through Eagleville.
NewsRadio WGNS has continuing coverage of the situation surrounding embattled Rutherford County Sheriff Robert Arnold.
- Arnold in KY Jail; Considering Resigning
- Sheriff Jailed
- Who's In Charge Now?
- Pettus Read "Embarrassed"
- Arnold: "A lot going on."
- TBI Investigates Domestic Complaint
- Arnold Traveling Despite Indictment
- Feds Line Up Witnesses in JailCigs Case
- Commissioners Call for Resignation
- Indicted: Sheriff Facing 95-Years in Prison
- County Mayor "Concerned Uncertainty"
- Gammon Sues After Firing