Murfreesboro City Schools will celebrate National School Counseling Week. The special week honoring school counselors provides recognition for counselors who implement comprehensive school counseling programs, a vital part of the educational process for all students.
Murfreesboro City Schools is proud to honor our school counselors:
- Tammy Stout - Black Fox Elementary
- Amanda Adams – Bradley Academy
- Laura Davis - Cason Lane Academy
- Amy Baltimore – Discovery School at Reeves Rogers
- Tres Holmes – Hobgood Elementary
- Kendall Hampton – Mitchell-Neilson Elementary
- Jennifer Burks – Mitchell-Neilson Primary
- Kristi Knitter – Northfield Elementary
- Nikki Ciletti – John Pittard Elementary
- Julie Dibble – Scales Elementary
- Shannon Freeman – Siegel Elementary
“This is a dynamic group of ladies who are strongly committed to our students and understand our mission of working with the whole child,” says Linda Gilbert, Director of Schools. “School counselors are integral to student success. They provide a huge resource for students, parents, teachers and administrators.”
The week is sponsored by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) to focus public attention on the unique contribution of professional school counselors within U.S. school systems and how students are different as a result of what school counselors do. There are more than 32,000 school counselors across the nation.
Murfreesboro City Schools is a district committed to the academic and personal success of each child.