There may be changes coming to the Middle Point Landfill in Walter Hill. Representatives from the landfill will appear before the Rutherford County Regional Planning Commission on Monday morning asking for permission to build a 50,000-gallon sludge storage tank. The tank is part of a BFI leachate pretreatment plant. Leachate is the liquid that drains or 'leaches' from a landfill. The leachate must be properly contained and treated to prevent it from contaminating the groundwater and Stones River. The proposed structure would be just over 1,300 square feet in size and would sit on the southwest corner of the landfill on the bank of the Stones River.
NewsRadio WGNS has continuing coverage of the situation surrounding embattled Rutherford County Sheriff Robert Arnold.
- Sheriff Jailed
- Who's In Charge Now?
- Pettus Read "Embarrassed"
- Arnold: "A lot going on."
- TBI Investigates Domestic Complaint
- Arnold Traveling Despite Indictment
- Feds Line Up Witnesses in JailCigs Case
- Commissioners Call for Resignation
- Indicted: Sheriff Facing 95-Years in Prison
- County Mayor "Concerned Uncertainty"
- Gammon Sues After Firing