Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department Districts 1 and 3 and Rescues 2 and 8 responded to a fire call at 1511 Bartway Drive shortly after1:30 Monday.
Upon arrival, crews discovered heavy smoke coming from a roof vent and flames shooting from the right roof vent. Crews entered the house and quickly extinguished the fire. Damage was contained to the kitchen area and attic area above the kitchen.
No one was injured in the incident. The meter to the residence was pulled and the American Red Cross was called to assist the residents.
The Fire Marshal’s Office was called to the scene to investigate. According to Assistant Fire Marshal Tracy Summar, the fire appeared to have started as the result of unattended cooking.