Dipping into the reserves is what the City of Murfreesboro will have to do to balance their 2012-2013 school budget. The city schools are looking at drawing out some $200-thousand. The upcoming budget rings in at $54.9-million, that’s up $1.4-million. Part of the problem for the upcoming fiscal year is that the schools will lose $800-thousand in revenue due to the expiring federal “Jobs Bill.” The schools are also expecting an increase in the student body by 172-more students. That will make the city schools pupil count 7,185-students.
NewsRadio WGNS has continuing coverage of the situation surrounding embattled Rutherford County Sheriff Robert Arnold.
- Sheriff Jailed
- Who's In Charge Now?
- Pettus Read "Embarrassed"
- Arnold: "A lot going on."
- TBI Investigates Domestic Complaint
- Arnold Traveling Despite Indictment
- Feds Line Up Witnesses in JailCigs Case
- Commissioners Call for Resignation
- Indicted: Sheriff Facing 95-Years in Prison
- County Mayor "Concerned Uncertainty"
- Gammon Sues After Firing