The Rutherford County Historical Society is opening the Ransom School to the public on Saturdays from 9:00AM to Noon. Volunteer teams to cover these hours. Preferably a man and women team. If you are interested in participating in this historical project, please contact Gwen Boyd firstname.lastname@example.org
The local historical society is opening this 1920's school at 717 Academy Street to the public. It was the dream of the late C. B. Arnette to have this part of local history available to the community. He was an alumnus of what is known by many as Miss Eliza Ransom Private School. In fact, C. B. Arnette single-handedly restored this bit of Murfreesboro history.
The building itself dates back to pre-Civil War days. Old records are scarce, but deeds place it with the Ransom sisters in the latter 1800's. The small pot-bellied stove is still found in the one-room school in which the sisters taught every subject.
Mr. Arnette was the author of The Saga of the Lu-Ce-Bee, From Mink Slide to Main Street, History of East Main Street Church of Christ, Those East Main Street People and Their Houses, and his autobiography, Wheels, Deals, and Bridges.