On Wednesday morning, August 13, 2014, Vice Mayor Doug Young took calls on these issues:
1. Red light camera: why is the word "may" used in the notice sent to persons who get a notice of red light violations?
2. On Meadowview in Christiana, TN youth are walking into streets and challenging vehicles. They are sometimes on bikes, skateboards, and even boldly standing in streets with arms crossed. A listener noted that he almost laid his motorcycle down twice to avoid hitting them. Another time, there was a near head-on collision with a truck.
3. Blaze near Brinkley, road very rough--gets car wheels out of alignment. This is near Blackman High School.
4. SE Broad St. has drug rehab in RS-15 area with no zoning notice. Why was there no notice given to residents?
5. Streets with bushes and block vision: Lynn St. @ Jones Blvd. (limbs over stop sign); Bell St. @ Academy (422 Academy flowering bushes block view) at 4-way stop sign.
6. Street light out at corner of Richmond and Haven Drive.
7. Bush needs trimming on E. Northfield and Deerwood Ave., it obstructs view.
8. Veterans Parkway ends at 231-South (Shelbyville Highway), are there plans to go east to Mt. Juliet?