Fri, Nov 27, 2015


Oops: Plumber accidently started fire at Motel 6 in Murfreesboro... It happens

  Email   Print

Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department officials say that a fire at the Motel 6 located at 148 Chaffin Place started with a plumber soldering pipe in a first floor bathroom.

Districts 1 and 9 were called to the scene just after 5:00 on Tuesday evening. When they arrived, they found light smoke exiting the structure.

Maintenance lead them to the unit the plumber was repairing. The plumber had been soldering pipe when the wall caught fire. Fire also rose to the ceiling.

Crews had to access the fire through both the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms. They were able to extinguish the fire quickly. Damage was contained to two units.

No one was injured during this incident and crews turned the scene over to property management.

Related Articles
Read more from:
Motel, Motel 6, Murfreesboro, Murfreesboro hotel, Murfreesboro news, Tennessee, TN
  Email   Print

Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: