Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Departmentâ€™s Districts 1 and 8 responded to a stove fire in a unit in Building 6 at The Grove apartments located at 1320 Journey Drive around 5:15 Friday morning.
The resident was out of the unit, uninjured, upon MFRDâ€™s arrival. The fire, which appears to have started as the result of unattended cooking, was extinguished by the sprinkler system prior to crews arriving on scene. Â
Crews ventilated the apartment and contacted the Fire Marshalâ€™s Office.
MFRDâ€™s Fire Marshalâ€™s Office received statements from the neighboring resident of the affected apartment. The neighbor stated that she alerted her neighbor that the apartment was on fire and assisted her with exiting through a window.
Ashley McDonald, MFRD PIO