United Way Annual Report Now Available

United Way Annual Report Now Available | United Way, UW, annual report, WGNS, Murfreesboro news
The United Way’s Annual Report for June 1, 2012 to July 30, 2013 is now available at www.yourlocaluw.org/About/AnnualReports.  The report details audited financial information for this time period as well as the organization’s results and areas of focus.
 
According to United Way’s most recent audit, United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties’ fundraising efficiency rating was almost six times higher than other nonprofit entities of similar scope.  The audit also reported that United Way’s administrative expenses were 15.2% leaving 84.8% that was invested in the community through programming.
 
In reference to United Way’s successes, Tracy Toy, 2013 United Way Board Chair, said, “Through United Way’s ability to mobilize and leverage resources, we have been able to see a 9 to 1 return on investments.  From July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013, the VITA program partnership has brought back more than $653,229 in free tax return assistance, the FamilyWize prescription program has saved our citizens $325,395, and our support of the 2-1-1 program allows anyone in our community to connect with local available resources.  With the highest grossing year in our history, we had over $3.2 million in commitments.”
 
The Annual Report is a way for United Way to remain transparent and accountable to the community it serves.  For more information about United Way, visit www.yourlocaluw.org or call (615) 893-7303.
Read more from: News

    
Powered by Bondware
Newspaper Software | Website Builder