WGNS previously reported the locations for the Murfreesboro Schools Summer Feeding program. We have now confirmed Rutherford County School locations for the program this summer.
The Rutherford County School Nutrition department will once again offer the Summer Food Service Program, which will be held Monday-Friday June 2-July 24. The program will not be open July 4th.
Meals will be provided to all children 18 and younger free of charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service.
The federally funded food program is provided each year in high poverty areas to ensure area children have access to a proper nutrition while school is not in session.
Meals will be provided at the sites listed below for "Rutherford County Schools."
Summer Food Service locations (R'ford Co.):
- Cedar Grove
- LaVergne High
- LaVergne Middle
- Roy Waldron
- Smyrna Elementary
- Smyrna Middle
- Whitworth-Buchanan Middle
City of Murfreesboro Food Program:
Children do not have to register in advance, they simply stop by any of the locations at the designated times to enjoy a healthy meal.
Location and Time: Breakfast Lunch
- Franklin Heights Center 8:30-9:00 11:00-11:30
- Oakland Court Center 9:00-9:30 11:30-2:00
- Patterson Park 10:00-10:30 12:00-12:30
- McFadden Center 10:00-10:30 12:30-1:00
- Black Fox Elementary 8:00-8:30 11:00-11:30
- Mitchell-Neilson Elementary 8:00-8:30 11:00-11:30
- Northfield Elementary 8:00-8:30 11:00-11:30
- Bradley Academy 8:00-8:30 11:00-11:30
- John Pittard Elementary 8:00-8:30 11:00-11:30
- Hobgood Elementary 8:00-8:30 11:00-11:30
- Cason Lane Academy 8:00-8:30 11:00-11:30
- Olive Branch Church (mobile bus site) 7:45-8:05 11:00-11:20
- Stone Creek Apt. (mobile bus site) 8:15-8:35 11:30-11:50
- Rolling Acres Apt. (mobile bus site) 8:45-9:05 12:00-12:20
- Allen Chapel (mobile bus site) 9:20-9:40 12:40-1:00
- Searcy Street Park Ent. (mobile bus site) 10:00-10:20 1:20-1:40