A three-week investigation into the trafficking of large amounts of marijuana into Tennessee and Alabama culminated in this week’s seizure of 200 pounds of marijuana, $1.3 million cash and 22 firearms. A total of eight persons have been arrested.
At 1126 Remuda Circle in Smyrna, officers and agents recovered 80 pounds of marijuana, one pistol-grip shotgun and $125,000 cash. Arrested were:
- Christopher Lee Tuttle, 38, who is charged with felony marijuana possession ($10,000 bond)
- Shawn Patrick Evans, 36, who is charged with felony marijuana possession ($10,000 bond).
This was a complex investigation that involved federal, state and local drug teams in Nashville, Maury County and Smyrna, as well as agents based out of Birmingham, Alabama.
On Monday, law enforcement learned that a load of marijuana was on its way from Alabama to Nashville. Airborne drug agents followed two vehicles to Nashville. A vehicle stop was conducted by the THP on I-65 in Davidson County. Recovered was marijuana weighing a total of 120 pounds. Three persons in the vehicles were arrested and charged with engaging in a marijuana distribution conspiracy. They are identified as:
- Ronald Dean Hall, 46, of 1400 Mohawk Trail, Madison ($50,000 bond)
- James Ray Jones, 36, of 7956 Whites Creek Pike, Goodlettsville ($62,000 bond)
- Scotty Lee Jones, 28, of 313 Santa Rosa, Old Hickory ($50,000 bond)
Search warrants were then conducted in the mid-state area as a result of information learned during the investigation. At 4571 Dugger Road in Culleoka (Maury County), officers and agents seized eight pounds of marijuana, 21 guns and $1.2 million cash ($100,000 was located in a trailer; $1.1 million in $100 bills was found inside a military ammunition can concealed in the trunk of an abandoned vehicle on the property). Arrested were:
- Jerry Lee Tuttle, 63, who is charged with engaging in a marijuana distribution conspiracy, weapon possession by a convicted felon, felony marijuana possession and felony cocaine possession ($2 million bond)
- Tammy Ann Tuttle, 44, Jerry Tuttle’s wife, who is charged with engaging in a marijuana distribution conspiracy, felony marijuana possession and felony cocaine possession ($2 million bond)