The state House has passed the wine in supermarkets legislation. It made it through the lower chamber on a 71-to-15 vote. The bill allows counties and cities that currently have liquor by the drink and package stores to hold referendums on whether or not to allow wine to be sold in supermarkets. With the House passage and the Senate version, which passed last month, it's expected to go to the governor for his signature, which is expected.
NewsRadio WGNS has continuing coverage of the situation surrounding embattled Rutherford County Sheriff Robert Arnold.
- Arnold in KY Jail; Considering Resigning
- Sheriff Jailed
- Who's In Charge Now?
- Pettus Read "Embarrassed"
- Arnold: "A lot going on."
- TBI Investigates Domestic Complaint
- Arnold Traveling Despite Indictment
- Feds Line Up Witnesses in JailCigs Case
- Commissioners Call for Resignation
- Indicted: Sheriff Facing 95-Years in Prison
- County Mayor "Concerned Uncertainty"
- Gammon Sues After Firing