The Smyrna Police Department will be hosting a women’s self–defense class in July. This class is for women only and it is based on the RAD-SYSTEM of self-defense.
RAD (RAPE, AGGRESSION and DEFENSE) is a self-defense program designed to enhance a woman’s natural desire to RESIST rape/aggression as well as enhance the human natural “fight or flight” response when dealing with aggression.
The entire 12 hour course is broken down into 4 separate, 3 hour classes. The course is designed to teach students techniques for physical defense as well as techniques for preventing a potential attack through “situation awareness” and trusting their “sixth sense.”
Women will also have the opportunity to test their newly learned skills in a controlled environment during a training simulation with an aggressor.
- The dates for the class are July 9th, 10th, 16th and 17th (Wednesday and Thursday nights) from 6 pm – 9 pm.
- Mother/daughter student teams are strongly encouraged.
- Minimum age is 12 years old without a maximum age for participation. Juvenile students will need a parent/guardian release.
- Cost for the class is $25.00 per household.
- For more information about the RAD system of self-defense, you may go to www.rad-systems.com
- Anyone interested in taking the April class should contact Sgt. Bobby Gibson at (615) 459-9742, ext. 2536 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org